Reading: Colossians 1:11-20
Title: What’s Good About the Church?
Synopsis: It’s easy to take things for granted. Flying for example is just over 100 years old. The Wright Brothers 1st flight of 120 feet in 12 seconds has grown to over 30,000 flights in the U.S. alone, but the marvel has lost it’s luster. David Bailey even wrote the “Airport Song” depicting the many trials airport goers encounter.
How would the Church stand up to the American consumer Satisfaction Index if the Church was polled? Would there be a lot of complaints for all that is wrong with the church? In every congregation there are leaks and cracks. But this happens any time people gather together, there will be politics and drama. Church families need to grow with God. There are 3 things “Good” about the church. We are Graced by God, Gifted by God and Guaranteed strength and salvation.
Gifts and Graces prayer…
- Seen or experienced God’s grace @ OHPC.
- Has someone shown you unconditional love and acceptance?
- Has someone cared for you when you felt you didn’t deserve it?
Gifts and Gifted:
- What are the gifts that God has clearly given to OHPC?
- What are the ministries that God has started here>
- What are the needs that God is meeting through our own family of faith followers? Hint: Read the Ministry Area reports in the congregational meeting report.